Thursday, July 3, 2014

My legs burn from walking

So today we had a little walk in Washington.
First we went to a Mall and went shopping for some clothes. I bought some cute clothes! Which again I don't really have any pics of since, honestly, NO time for that  XD we went to some kind of a punk store and they had really nice clothes, the service was SO nice! I felt bad for the guy who worked here since he was ALL alone there. It was only him, no other employers. He was kind enough to give us a half off price on one of the shirts since we bought a lot!

After the shopping business we went to eat. The pizzas were very strange here but really good. The service again was awesome, the man who served us was really friendly!

After the shopping came the real thing. We went to Washington and saw a lot of memorials nd ofcourse, the white house. I learned that whenever the flag is up, that means the president is at home, and whenever there is no flag that means he's away. And, we made it to the time when he was at home :3




This is the other side of the White House so it's different, it's not the round part of it XD

Then I saw the Washington Monument. It was really pretty and extremely tall. I heard that you can't build any buildings that are taller than the monument.

 


 I really wanted to see more of it but then the problem came up, a huricane and rain. From the monument we went all the way to Lincoln Memorial. I was amazed. I always loved Honest Abe for all his great work and I almost broke in tears to see the memorial. It started raining and we went inside. My aunt said '' Let's go sit with Lincoln''. I bursted out laughing when I realized what she meant, since he was sitting.

 


 


I was so happy to see this statue of him. It is even greater in real life than in pictures.

 I thought this building looked pretty cool, so I took a pic of it too, hehe.

 


 Before all this awesomeness, my aunt took me to Big Planet Comics. I went to the man who worked there and asked him for a specific comic. He said they had it and then she showed me like over 100 of those comics. They had 2 compendiums of the comics. So I bought both of them for $120. It. Was. WORTH. IT!

 


 


 Yepp yepp yepp yepp YEPP!

The Walking Dead.

I can't.

I just CAN'T.

I was so happy when I got this beauty on my hand. Both of them are exactly 96 comics inside, I wanted to buy them for each and every comic until the latest issue, but I knew it would have been SOOO expensive and buying the compendium is SO much more cheaper, so I bought both of them! The man who worked at the comic store was really nice and even added a small conversation with me about the series and the comics.

I've noticed that people are so much more friendlier here in America than in Sweden or Lithuania.
People there are so greedy and mean. Sometimes there are very nice people there but in USA everyone is so simple and nice. When you sit in the restaurang you always leave them a tip for their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment